Wednesday 11 December 2013

Christmas Themed

Hai folks!

I decided I couldn't put up with my weird striped failure from yesterday so took it all off and put some christmas themed nails on. I've done some christmas themed nails before, with a mix of santas face, rudolf, christmas tree, lights, candy canes, snowflakes and snowmen. I didn't want to do the same thing for a third time in a month so had a look through some designs and came across one that The Lacquerologist did last year. I did a different thing on my thumb, but the fingers were all more or less the same.

For the 4 fingers I used:

Barry M basecoat, followed by a single coat of 'Navy'. I love this navy colour as its got a slight iridescent sparkle to it. I wasn't too concerned with getting the coverage perfect as I was planning on going over it later. I applied 'Bright Red' to my thumb, but will go over that further down.






Once the blue was fully dried I applied w7 'Bare' in a round shape across my index and middle fingers using a thin, flat, slanted edge nail brush. When the Bare was almost dry, but still slightly tacky I went over it with the same brush in Barry M 'Matt White'. When the white was almost dry I dabbed a few areas with 'Blueberry'. I then took a makeup sponge, using some of the 'Matt White' varnish, dabbed it across the blue on my middle, ring and pinky fingers:







Using Ombre 'Pure Black' and a very fine brush I started to apply the chosen design, starting with my index and working across.



For my thumb:
I used 'Bright Red' as the base colour, 'Spring Green' for the tree and Seventeen 'Moon Dust' for the tree trunk. I used a couple of strips of striping tape to mark out the shape of the tree. Dotted the tree with Barry M 'Mango' and 'Plum' and used the foil effects silver to fill in the stripes as tinsel and to dot the top of the tree. Using the Mango and Plum again I created little gifts for under the tree and dotted some tiny silver dots in the left over red back ground.

And this is the finished result :) Covered all with a quick coat of my usual Sally Hansen Mega Shine top coat to finish it off and protect them. It could have been a bit neater but I'm quite pleased with how well it came out.


Quite likely going to keep these on until the weekend, so happy rest of the week to you all!

S x


No comments:

Post a Comment